Efekto Zero Roach bait stations are effective against German Cockroaches (Blattella germanica), and American Cockroaches (Periplaneta americana) both as nymphs and adults.
Efekto Zero Roach bait stations may be used to control cockroaches in:
- Domestic premises (including kitchens)
- Food handling areas (i.e. for food processing, storage and preparation) such as food
manufacturing premises, commercial kitchens, restaurants, food stores, warehouses,
retail outlets, etc.
- Public buildings such as hotels, hospitals, prisons, theatres, schools, churches, etc.
- Commercial and industrial premises such as factories, shops, workshops, aircraft,
vehicles, railway stock and ships.
- Efekto Zero Roach bait stations are most effective when placed within or close to cockroach harbourages, foraging and feeding areas. These are typically areas that are dark, warm, damp and remain undisturbed e.g. behind refrigerators and in electrical equipment. Locate such areas by inspection. Search for empty egg cases, cockroach faeces and cast skins. For best results the area to be treated should be cleaned and tidied before treatment paying particular attention to the removal of alternative food sources.
- Open the inner packaging just prior to treatment, and separate into individual stations.
- Efekto Zero Roach bait stations should then be placed throughout the infested area. If necessary secure the station using the double-sided adhesive tape provided in the pack.
- Efekto Zero Roach bait stations should be placed in dark out-of-sight locations such as behind cupboards and shelves, under kitchen appliances, in electrical control boxes, voids and ducting and under bathroom fixtures etc. It is best to place the stations against edges and in corners where cockroaches are more likely to be found. Do not place Efekto Zero Roach bait stations where they may become submersed or are likely to be dislodged or removed by routine cleaning. Do not spray other insecticides on or around the Efekto Zero Roach bait stations or place the stations on recently treated surfaces, as this will contaminate the station and may discourage cockroaches from feeding on the bait.
- The bait in Efekto Zero Roach bait stations is very attractive to cockroaches and feeding begins soon after placement of the stations. Typically cockroaches will die a few hours after a single feed on Efekto Zero Roach bait stations. In infested premises, dead cockroaches will normally be seen within 24 hours of treatment.
- Where the infestation persists or the risk of re-infestation exists, Efekto Zero Roach bait stations should be replaced every 3 months. In heavy infestations it is possible that all the bait in the station will be consumed before 3 months. In such cases the stations will have to be replaced earlier.
Rate of Application
- Place 1 to 3 Efekto Zero Roach bait stations per 10 m² of floor area to be treated.
- In cases of severe infestation and in areas that are particularly dirty or cluttered or where alternative sources of food cannot be entirely eliminated use the higher (3) rate of application.
- Although the correct number of stations must be placed according to the floor area of the premises to be treated, it is not necessary to spread the stations evenly throughout the premises.
- Stations can be concentrated in areas where cockroaches shelter and where conditions are as described above.
For more directions for the use of Efekto Zero Roach bait stations, please click here to download the PDF.